Diabetes+ is an exquisitely-crafted iPhone application to help you monitor and manage your diabetes. The app enables you to record measurements, upcoming medical visits and targets that you have for yourself. Measurements can be viewed on our easy to use graphs, so you can review your progress. There's a calculator for quick calculations and settings to be able to configure your app experience. You can also export all your data at any time via e-mail for use in all major spreadsheet packages, such as Microsoft Excel or Numbers from Apple's iWork suite for analysis or even sending to your medical practitioner.
Measurements are split into 4 easy to use categories:
- Medication tracks insulin doses, injection sites and oral medications.
- Diet tracks basic dietary information such as carbohydrate and calorie intake.
- Clinical allows you to keep track of various glucose, cholesterol, blood pressure and weight readings.
- Details lets you record any notes and time of day this was taken to help build up a comprehensive diary of lifestyle and treatments.
Charts are a useful way to quickly view your data. You can view your data over the last week, month or year. Six chart types are currently supported:
- Body mass index
- Blood pressure
- Blood glucose and insulin doses
- Calories and carbohydrate intake
- Cholesterol and triglycerides
Diabetes+ also allows you to specify and keep track of current and previous HbA1c, blood pressure and weight targets. These would usually be set in consultation with your medical practitioner, and you can keep them here as a reminder.
The Medical visits section of Diabetes+ lets you record details of past and future medical appointments. You can record the date and time of the appointment, the specialism of the medical practitioner and your own notes about the appointment (e.g. questions you want to ask or points you want to convey). To top it all, if you add an appointment in the future, Diabetes+ will offer to remind you ahead of your visit so you don't forget.
Finally, Diabetes+ includes three handy calculators for glucose and HbA1c unit conversions and calculation of estimated average glucose from HbA1c (and vice versa).